Kira S. Masteller is a Shareholder in our Trusts & Estate Planning Practice Group.
- 2021: Say Hello to California’s New Homestead Exemption
- Last Week Was National Estate Planning Awareness Week
- What Documents Can I Destroy While Sheltering at Home?
- When There’s Only a Will, There’s No Way You’re Avoiding Probate
- What Happens in California if You Do Not Have an Estate Plan at Your Death?
- Estate Planning Document Execution During Pandemic
- Why Should I Get My Estate Planning Done Now?
- SECURE Act Creates Need for Estate Plan Review
- R-E-S-P-E-C-T: Soulful Estate
- The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act: Trust & Estate Planning Considerations
- Accidental Disinheritance: Update Wills, Estate Plans Annually
- Estate Planning NOW: Preparing for a New Government
- Game Changer? Succession Planning Targeted by IRS
- Turning 70: What You Should Know About RMDs
- Trusts, Estates, Exemptions and Taxes
- Benefits of an Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust as Security
- Family Tax Deductions and Credits: What Do You Qualify For?
- Tax Implications: Selling Your Home
- Inherited IRAs Not Exempt from Bankruptcy Proceedings
- Retirement Planning for Same-Sex Married Couples
- Maximizing Annual Gifts
- How Does the DOMA Ruling Affect Estate Planning?
- Designated Beneficiary Assets: Consider Your Income,
Your Capital Gains & Your Estate Taxes
- (Part 3: Gift Tax & Estate Planning Series)
- Using Life Insurance and Irrevocable Trusts in Estate Planning
- (Part 2: Gift Tax & Estate Planning Series)
- A Living Trust – One of Many Tools for Protecting Your Estate
- (Part 1: Gift Tax & Estate Planning Series)
- The Tax Increases Have Begun
- California Home Care Services: Senior Fraud Prevention
- Social Security Benefits | 10 Retirement FAQs
- Will Contests & Estate Disputes —
5 Ways to Avoid a Family Feud
- Tax & Estate Planning –
Small Win for Same Sex Couples?
- What is Alternative Minimum Tax &
Why Are We Paying It?
- Charitable Trusts + Low Interest Rates = Tax Savings
- Funding a Living Trust | Estate Planning Advice
- Tax Strategies – 2011 Year End Tax Planning
For Businesses & Individuals
- Maximizing Your Annual Gift With
A Tax Free Exemption
- Buy Sell Agreements –
Protecting Your Interests from the Four Ds
- Your Life Insurance Review –
Good Insurance Policies = Good Estate Planning
- IRS Form 8939 –
Remember, Remember the 15th of November. . .
- Amy Winehouse Will & Estate –
If Amy Had Been a Californian
- Understanding Conflicts of Interest in Estate PlanningValley Lawyer Magazine, a San Fernando Valley Bar Association publication – by Kira S. Masteller – September 2013
- Change of Ownership: What Triggers a Property Tax Reassessment?Valley Lawyer Magazine, a San Fernando Valley Bar Association publication – by Michael Hackman, Kira S. Masteller and Robert A. Hull – October 2012
- What You Might Not Know About Life InsuranceSan Fernando Valley Business Journal – by Kira S. Masteller, April 2012
- Real Estate: Gifting Real Property NowSan Fernando Valley Business Journal – by Kira S. Masteller, September 2011
- Revocation of a Family Trust Without the Knowledge of the CotrusteeLos Angeles Lawyer – by Kira S. Masteller, June 2010
- Know Your Rights: Couples Can Limit Conflict the Second Time AroundThe Daily News – by Kira S. Masteller, May 2009