Skip to content
- Publications & Speaking
- Professional & Civic Activities
- Keith Todd Zimmet is the President and Managing Shareholder of Lewitt Hackman, Chair of our Firm’s Commercial Finance Practice Group, and a member of both our Firm’s Corporate Practice Group and Real Estate Practice Group.
Mr. Zimmet has a broad commercial, corporate, and real estate practice, with an emphasis on the negotiation, structuring, and documentation of large and complex financial transactions.
His experience includes negotiating secured and unsecured financing; asset based lending; buying, selling and leasing real estate; mergers and acquisitions; corporate, partnership, and limited liability company matters; shareholder disputes; tax free bond offerings; equipment leasing; and intellectual property management.
After negotiating billions of dollars of transactions over the course of his career, Mr. Zimmet was recognized by The San Fernando Valley Business Journal as one of the Valley's Most Trusted Advisors, as well as one of the Top 25 Lawyers of the Valley. He has also received a Certificate of Recognition from the City of Los Angeles.
Mr. Zimmet, together with his wife Robyn, received a Lifetime Achievement Award and a Commendation from the City of Calabasas, for their dedicated volunteer work with Viewpoint School.
Rated 5.0 Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell – the highest rating awarded by peers of the bar, based on legal ability and ethics – Mr. Zimmet has been named a Top Rated Lawyer in both Real Estate Law and in Banking & Finance Law, in American Lawyer, The National Law Journal, and Corporate Counsel. He has also been designated as one of Southern California’s Super Lawyers in Los Angeles Magazine and The New York Times.
Mr. Zimmet has represented businesses and individuals in the following areas, on local, national, and global levels:
Mr. Zimmet earned his J.D. in 1987 from the University of Southern California’s School of Law, where he was an Editor for both the U.S.C. Major Tax Planning and the Computer Law Journal. Before obtaining his law degree, Mr. Zimmet received his Bachelor of Science degree in finance from California State University at Northridge in 1984.
- California Finance Lenders
- Commercial Real Estate
- Entertainment Industry
- Family Owned Businesses
- Hospitals & Medical Groups
- Nationally Recognized Artists, Entertainers, and Radio Talk Show Hosts
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Office Buildings
- Professional Sports Teams
- Shopping Centers
Mr. Zimmet served as an Adjunct Professor at the University of California at Los Angeles, teaching business law to candidates for CPA examination. He has authored, co-authored, edited, and co-edited numerous publications.
In practice since 1987, Mr. Zimmet is a member of the State Bar of California, American Bar Association, Los Angeles County Bar Association, San Fernando Valley Bar Association and Financial Lawyers Conference. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, and the U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit.
- Quoted, Communication Up for Employment Lawyers
- The San Fernando Valley Business Journal, April 2020
- Quoted, City Backs Off Hiring Rewrite
- The San Fernando Valley Business Journal, April 2020
- Quoted, Firm Culture: Obstacle or Catalyst for Strategic Change?
- Law Practice Magazine, a publication of the American Bar Association, July/August 2015
- Featured, Digital Tools Level Playing Field
- San Fernando Valley Business Journal, February 2014
- Author, Checking In, Checking Out: Financial Issues in Buying or Selling a Hotel
- San Fernando Valley Business Journal, May 2013
- Quoted, The Business of Law Roundtable
- Santa Clarita Valley Business Journal, February 2012
- Author, "SLGing" It Out With the U.S. Government
- San Fernando Valley Business Journal, February 2012
- Quoted, Engineering Firm Buying Companies to Rev Up Sales
- San Fernando Valley Business Journal, July 2011
- Author, CFO Workouts Are No Simple Exercise
- San Fernando Valley Business Journal, May 2011
- Author, Defeasance Process - Real Estate Finance Tool: Prepaying a Loan Without
Actually Prepaying - San Fernando Valley Business Journal, February 2007
- Author, Technology, Code Changes Alter How Firms Operate
- San Fernando Valley Business Journal, November 2006
- Contributing Author, Cunningham, Goldstein & Kavanaugh's Structuring Secured Commercial Loan Documents - Warren, Gorham & Lamont
- Co-Presenter, Tax-Exempt Financing for Nonprofit Independent Schools - California Association of Independent Schools Annual Conference, February 2013
- Co-Presenter, Real Property Foreclosures: An Update
- MCLE accredited Seminar Series, October 2011
- Georgetown University, McDonough School of Business Parents Advisory Council
- Providence Tarzana Foundation, Board of Governors
- Viewpoint School, Board of Trustees (Chair 2006-2008)
- The Executives of the Los Angeles Jewish Home for the Aging, Board of Directors (Executive Committee 2005-2011)
- Valley Community Clinic, (Former Member of the Board of Governors)
- Sherman Oaks Hospital Foundation, (Former Member, Board of Trustees)
- Valley Industry & Commerce Association, Member of the Board
Mr. Zimmet has served and currently serves as an officer and director of numerous for-profit business entities including hospitals, real estate holding companies, and management companies.
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Viewpoint School
- Certificate of Recognition by the City of Los Angeles
- AV Rating 5.0 Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review (Highest rating awarded by peers of the bar and judiciary for legal ability and ethics)
- Top Rated Lawyers in Banking & Finance Law, The American Lawyer & Corporate Counsel
- Top Rated Lawyers in Real Estate Law, The American Lawyer, Corporate Counsel & The National Law Journal
- The Valley's Most Trusted Advisors, San Fernando Valley Business Journal
- Top 25 Lawyers of the Valley, San Fernando Valley Business Journal
- Southern California Super Lawyer, as named in Los Angeles Magazine's Super Lawyers Edition
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]